Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bandit Raccoon at art show in Long Island, NY

Leap-Year-Day! Feb. 29, 2008 ~

Two of my other paintings at an art show in Long Island (it was supposed to be a masquerade @ Lefty's Candlelight Bar  Grill... i think i was the only one wearing an actual mask...)

top: 'Siwan bed' (where I slept while in Siwa Oasis, Egypt, complete with purple mosquito netting)

bottom: "Quiero dormir con las estrellas, pero, 'La historia es una pesadilla que lo trato despertar' " -- "I want to sleep with the stars, but History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake(n from)."  -- the latter part of the title comes from a quote in Joyce's Ulysses. I found it translated into Spanish at a photography exhibit in NYC, and thought it fit... I have a lot to say about this painting (don't let it's child-like appearance fool ya ;) ) ...

1 Comments:

Blogger seematt said...

So tell me about sleeping with the stars...I recognize the train tracks from the igloo painting, and the palm tree with the bookshelf is eerily familiar...:-)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home