Thursday, June 29, 2006

Jenn, Dahlink

I am writing this because I just lost a good friend, Jenn Cakert. She's the one that got me started on this blog site! Her blog is: www.touristofeverything.blogspot.com. It is an awesome site. I miss her a lot. I keep wanting to write all these things and share them, but for the moment, I am still in a state of disbelief. Words swirl in my head faster than I can make sense of them (which isn't really new). I've been taking pictures and writing poems for a long time, but usually I'm too shy to share them, or too techinically incapable of processing them... I could always count on Jenn's comments on my photo blog, as she was often the only commentator/critic/fan, and that has kept my creative spirit alive for the past couple of months (I started this blog in... November?....) I can't even begin to say, now looking back in retrospect, how important her encouragemnet was.

Becasue she had such a zingy zest for life and such awesome style, I can only hope that in the future will bring her fame - she deserves it, and she would have accomplished that anyway, had she stayed with us longer. If anyone comes to this site, please know how much I miss Jenn Cakert. I hope to post more photos of my trip to Europe, as well as other things soon. She would have wanted me to...

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I'll respond here to both your post and your comments about this in the previous post.

Again I'm sorry. Its hard to believe that one week ago today I sat at my computer and read those words that shocked me so badly. I didn't know Jenn personally (or in person I should say) only through our internet interactions but it was obvious that I bonded with her and the gang considering the powerful reaction that I have had as a result of her death. It has been such a sad week in which so many things remind me of her and make me hurt for everyone, oldben most of all. I haven't had that kind of loss in my life and its hard for me to comprehend how he can get through it when it pains me so much just imagining what he may be going through. I think your daisy idea was a wonderful one and I think its so important to have her inspiration live on through us. I'll be keeping up with your site and will help fill the void left by pitching in my own two cents now and then. I am still very sorry for your loss.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home